Welcome! We are excited to host a platform where original work can be posted and shared between students. The goal of our marketplace is to empower students’ educational journeys through knowledge-sharing and fundraising for their college careers.
There are a number of ways you can create amazing content to share with the world, and we encourage you to think creatively and have fun with the content you create.
We recommend that all students, parents and guardians check out our step-by-step guides below for instructions on how to create engaging content on Kids’ Choice, Inc.:
How to Create a Project
- Open Google Slides, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc.
- Create a title page about a topic.
- Choose the standard “I can” statement that relates to your topic and include it in your project or in the description of your project.
The “I can” statement (also known as the standard) helps your peers decide whether the project is right for them. It also helps them maintain focus during the lesson because it explains the main purpose of the presentation. The statement is a goal that mentions the grade level and tops so people can ensure they have the right resource for their students.
Within each “I can” statement, the topic, skill and grade appropriate activity should be stated.
Follow the formula for easy creation — Grade level. Skill Unit. Activity Number: I can… (INSERT THE FOCUS OF THE LESSON)
If you created a project that helps students practice subtracting whole numbers, the “I can” statement would be:
4.NBT.1: I can add and subtract whole numbers (4th grade standard, Numbers in Base Ten Skill)
For those struggling with these statements, follow this link, find your state and look up the standard.
- Make sure you create an investigation for students to apply skills and concepts in new ways. Also include instructions and a rubric.
- Optional: As a bonus, you may even create question and answer slides.
- You may include original pictures, models, photographs and/or clipart.
- Make sure you double check your work and have your teacher double check your work to ensure it is correct.
- Save the document.
Don’t have an account? Joining Kids’ Choice is free and easy. Check out the link below to sign up as a Member or Creator in seconds!
Want to support Kids’ Choice? All donations go directly toward the creation of educational resources and student scholarship funds. Check out our donation page below to learn more.
Text for Uploading Content:
Uploading and managing your content using our Creator Dashboard is straightforward and easy. Simply log into your Creator account, then view the brief walkthrough video (located on the Dashboard homepage) for a complete overview of how to upload and edit your original content.